Who Are We?
The Criminal Justice Forum (CJ FoI) provides support to criminal justice voluntary organisations to help decipher government policy, exchange information and ideas, enable strategic influence through the Voluntary Sector Assembly and other relevant decision making boards, and to provide a platform for potential future funding opportunities. With vast changes occurring in the world of criminal justice and related public services, it is important for voluntary organisations with interests in criminal justice to have a platform for discussion, consultation and information exchange. The CJ FoI welcomes organisations from the Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin Council areas.
Autonomy Self-Help Group, West Mercia Police, RAWM, SIAS, Citizen Engagement Company, South Shropshire Furniture Scheme, Victim Support, Carers Federation, Homestart North, Pre-School Learning Alliance, Citizens Advice Bureau Shropshire, West Mercia Women’s Aid, Magistrates’ Association Shropshire Branch, Together for Mental Wellbeing Axis Counselling, Autism West Midlands, West Mercia Probation Services, YSS Safer Stronger Communities,
The purpose of the Criminal Justice Forum is to work with criminal justice voluntary organisations:
• To develop and provide an effective mechanism for information exchange and mutual support with regard to criminal justice matters;
• To develop and promote a broader understanding about the organisation, structures and complexity of the CJS, with the particular aim of assisting the voluntary sector’s interaction with the CJS;
• To facilitate collective communication with statutory agencies about the shared concerns of voluntary sector CJ organisations;
• To seek to represent voluntary sector organisations’ interests and views collectively on appropriate forums, locally and sub-regionally, to statutory agencies;
• To identify and discuss funding opportunities that may arise through the Police and Crime Commissioners, Probation and other statutory and non-statutory bodies.
Chair: Angela Parton