VCS Assembly members are encouraged to comment on a Memorandum of Understanding prior to agreement.
The Memorandum of Understanding is between the Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Integrated Care System (ICS) and the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin. The MoU sets out why the Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin (STW) Integrated Care System (ICS) values the role of the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector in improving health, social care and wellbeing, and explains the importance of working in partnership on shared ambitions. These include:
- Improving health outcomes and reducing health inequalities for the people of Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin (STW);
- Maximising value from our financial resources and focusing on interventions that will make a major difference;
- Building successful partnerships to enable health improvements and create healthier communities;
- Effectively engaging and involving people and communities in the transformation of health and social care in STW;
- Increasing mutual learning and continuous professional development between the public and VCSE sectors;
- Effectively working across sectors to achieve a mutual vision of creating better services and providing greater support for the population of STW.
The MOU covers a number of principles and commitments including:
- Patient focused and outcome led
- Locally focused
- Integrity and respect
- Diversity and equality
- Citizen empowerment
The aim is to implement new, innovative ways of working together to increase the health and wellbeing of the people who live and work in Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin.
It is proposed that the MOU will be delivered and supported by a VCSE Alliance formed of sector leaders. The Chair of Shropshire VCS Assembly is asked to sign the MOU on behalf of the wider sector and VCS Assembly Membership.
- To view a copy of the MOU please click here ICS VCSE Memorandum of Understanding
In advance of that process, we would be grateful for any comments and feedback. Please email VCSAssembly@shropshire.gov.uk by 30 September.