Local Charities Day returns this Friday 15 December, celebrating the fantastic work that local charities do to help communities across the country.
On the day, we will be showcasing the charities and volunteers that make a real difference through our social media channels, and we want you to do the same to show your support.
Ahead of the day
- Sign up to our #LocalCharitiesDay Thunderclap
- Add the #LocalCharitiesDay Twibbon to your social media channels
- Explore our Local Charities Day map to find charities near you. If you’re a charity, you can also add your details
- Follow DCMS on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for latest news and content
On the day
Show your support using the #LocalCharitiesDay hashtag on your social media channels. From 9am: Share your stories, images, links and videos showing your support:
- Use the day to highlight the amazing and vital work of local charities near you.
- Has a local charity helped you? Tell us about their work and how they’ve supported you.
- Volunteer with or support a local charity? Champion your work and the causes it supports.
- Discover training and competitions on offer from the FSI and Localgiving.
- Get fundraising advice from the FSI from 10am via its Twitter Q&A and at 1pm take part in its Facebook Live discussion on diversifying your income.