Who Are We?
Shropshire Disability Forum was established late 2008 to promote the working relationships between the voluntary and community sector and the statutory partners they engage with in Shropshire. The Forum is made up of representatives from a wide range of voluntary & community sector organisations from across Shropshire who support people with all types of disabilities along with representatives from Shropshire Disability Network, Shropshire Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Shropshire Visual Impairment Forum .
- Promote the working relationship between the voluntary and community sector and statutory partners they engage with across Shropshire.
- Provide a channel of communication to inform and help to improve decision making by organisations involved in providing services specific to the interests of all those with disabilities.
- Help improve networking and sharing information amongst the members of the forum, leading to the potential for more co-operative working and improved outcomes for those with disabilities.
Since its formation the forum has been involved in:
• Championing ‘Changing Places’ initiative in making Shropshire more accessible to people with profound impairments.
• Supporting the ‘Big Care’ debate giving feedback to government on the green paper ‘Shaping the future of Care together’ an event that proved to be one of the most successful in the UK.
• Meetings are held quarterly and include guest speakers who address major topics of the day ( e.g. Welfare refrom , Personalisation , Any Qualified Provider)
Chair: Jean Robinson