With only a week left to submit an application, Localgiving is urging charities and community groups that are either in their first year of operation or have an annual income under £250,000 to apply for a grant of £500.
The funding will support projects that address this year’s themes:
• Improving mental wellbeing
• Enabling community participation in the arts
• Preventing or reducing the impact of poverty
• Supporting marginalised groups and promoting equality
• Improving biodiversity and green spaces
• Enabling participation in physical activity
• Responding to the climate emergency and promoting sustainability
• Increasing community access to outdoor space.
Grants can be used to support the general running costs of new or existing projects. For example, this could include anything from; supporting homeless individuals to find safe accommodation to organising virtual art sessions in the community, or from purchasing sports equipment to running diversity classes.
Grants can also be used to cover core business costs.
Applications will be accepted from registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CICs), Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs, SCIOs) social enterprises, and other not-for-profit community organisations. Charitable organisations that are schools or connected to schools may also apply.
The deadline for applications is 31 October 2021.
For more information and to contact;
189-190 Shoreditch High Street
Tel: 0300 111 2340
For more details on this grant please click here