The Marches Energy Agency are holding their Affordable Warmth Conference on Thursday 30th September 2021. To register for the event please use the links below.
Details of the conference schedule are as follows;
9:30 – 10:00 – Welcome talk:
• Welcome/overview of the day
• 25 years of MEA – what have we achieved so far, and how can we work together to improve the lives of local people in the next 25 years?
10:00 – 11:00 Fuel Poverty in Shropshire: Supporting residents to stay warm and well this winter (With Oliver Rothwell from Shropshire Council)
• An overview of the fuel poverty problem in Shropshire
• Details of how Keep Shropshire Warm can support those in need, and how cross-organisational work can provide more holistic support
11:15 – 12:15 Home Energy Efficiency: Technologies and opportunities
• Exploring common issues in Shropshire homes and how different technologies can alleviate problems such as damp, mould, and heat loss
• An overview of funding available to help householders install energy efficiency measures
12:45 – 13:45 Health and Cold Homes: What are the links? (With Shropshire GP Dr Murtaza, and local resident Susan L.)
• An overview of how our home environments can affect our health and wellness, particularly when it comes to living in a cold home
• Exploring what the clinical data shows us and learning more about how these issues can be addressed
14:-00 – 15:00 Networking session and Q&A
• Attendees will be encouraged to promote their organisation’s work and share how they can help local residents this winter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a slot to speak about your work.
• MEA Director Simon Ross will be available to answer any questions you may have
Now more than ever it’s important that organisations work together to support our communities. In order to facilitate this, MEA are inviting attendees to speak about their work during the final session of the day, which will provide an opportunity for networking. If you’d like a slot to discuss your organisation, please contact email@example.com