We’ve accepted our mission – can you help connect us with those that need help?
Sport England have tasked our local voluntary and community sector to help the sport and physical activity sector to both survive and flourish, during and after the isolation period.
Energize Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, your local Active Partnership, are asking for your help to ensure that our support and the National Lottery funding for our community is allocated where it is needed most.
We are hosting a webinar to share the opportunity, signpost to the latest guidance and provide ideas of what may be successful on Tuesday 7th July, 10am. You can book on at email@example.com
Sport England consultation has shown that the impact of Covid-19 could make already challenging situations worse for many. The impact on finances, the greater risk to health for some populations, the increased likelihood of working in health and social care settings, and the fear of returning to everyday life – all increase the challenges in leading an active lifestyle. We will therefore be prioritising those that support:
- People on lower income 2. Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic groups
- Disability groups 4. People with Long Term Health Conditions
Explaining the local picture to help us understand what everyday life feels like for these groups:
- What is worrying or enthusing them? How do they like to communicate?
- What ideas / providers can help them stay mobile and active?
Promoting the opportunity:
- Sending the attached local information to relevant local providers or letting us know who could be approached.
Leading engagement with a specific ‘cluster’ that you may already support or run:
- A network of local providers, such as youth groups.
- A facility that hosts organisations that deliver activities for these audiences.
- A specific geographical area in which you can identify local suitable providers.
Championing the local community for ideas and working with us to find new ways to help people, this could include using technology or unused spaces – let’s try new things together!