Shropshire Disability Network (SDN) is a local charity run entirely by volunteers. SDN is committed to improving the experiences of people living with disabilities, their carers and families, and covers the county of Shropshire, including the Telford & Wrekin area.
Shropshire Disability Network is looking for a motivated individual who can lead SDN strategically to ensure that its work continues and who is prepared to volunteer to join the Board of Trustees. SDN will pay necessary out of pocket expenses.
Shropshire Disability Network hopes to build on its 5 core pledges:
- To provide an up-to-date and informative website https://shropshiredisability.net/
- To publish a newsletter that contains pertinent information for members https://shropshiredisability.net/your-voice-may-june-2019/
- To be a signposting point for anyone requiring assistance
- To hold a minimum of 4 Members’ Meetings per year
- To support the Safe Places Shropshire scheme
Please see attached a SDN Trustee Nomination Form.
We are looking for a volunteer who is willing to take on the administrative role of Secretary. The role could be split between two individuals, with each taking responsibility for a different area of the work. The person(s) should be prepared to volunteer to join our Board of Trustees. We will pay necessary out of pocket expenses.
The main tasks of the role are:
- Organising Trustee Meetings (7 per year)
- Organising Member Meetings (4 per year)
- Booking meeting rooms and speakers
- Preparing agendas with the Chair
- Sending invitations to members
- Preparing accurate minutes for circulation
- Liaising with the Charity Commission.
The posts will become vacant in September 2019.
Volunteering increases self-confidence. If you have a desire to bring change for people with any kind of disability or their carers and families and to help them find a voice, this role will help provide support for these people. SDN volunteers have found that their efforts for Shropshire Disability Network have given them a sense of accomplishment as well as pride and identity.
If you would like to know more about either opportunity, please contact either Ruby Hartshorn on 07780 852 229 or Ann Shaw on 07970 816 030. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com