One Day Workshop – A whole System Approach to Achieving Change
Flintshire DO-IT in partnership with Qube
Thursday 27th June 9:30am – 4:30pm at Qube Oswestry, Oswald Road, Oswestry SY11 1RB
£35 for VCSA members and £50 for non-members/public sector
Asset-based approaches includes a whole set of best practice tools tried and tested across the UK and further afield over many years. They are used in an empowering way to support the individual, organisation or community to identify their strengths and interests. Then to unite and mobilise people to come together to create positive change. By learning about the application of such approaches you will see how they enable:
- A truly person-centred approach that builds upon the ‘what matters’ conversation.
- Organisations and communities to reveal and tap into the rich talents they have.
- Networks to grow and be strengthened for a resilient future.
- A positive, outcomes-focused, action-based plan that truly reflects what is most important.
- A co-productive approach – welcoming, inclusive & accessible events and projects, helping us to get beyond one-off engagement & consultation activity.The Course is delivered by Mark John-Williams, who has worked in the social care and community development sector, for over 33 years. He has applied this way of working throughout his career and is a facilitator, trainer & consultant. As Co-Director of Flintshire DO-IT he has, for the last five years used these approaches to enable friendly & creative communities. During the Course participants will become aware of the most innovative forms of asset-based, place-focused, relationship-centred ways of working. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Asset Based Community Development
- Local Area Co-ordination
- Social prescribing
- Circles of Support/Community CirclesUsing a Co-production exercise you will have the opportunity to create an Action Plan which you can take back into your work or your community. The course will be delivered using a mixture of presentation, story-telling, conversation and exercise-based group-work, based on the ‘keys to inclusion’.
To book a place please contact Qube on 01691 656882 or email email@example.com