The Keeping Adult Safe in Shropshire Board (KASiSB) website provides a wide range of information that can assist voluntary and community sector groups and organisations in their work to understand more about safeguarding. The website covers:
- Members of the Board and what they do.
- What abuse is and how to report a concern.
- Multi-agency procedures: The procedures aim to provide direction and clarity on roles and responsibilities and practical and legal guidance. The procedures are for people and organisations from the independent, voluntary or public sector who have contact with a adults with care and support needs; so that they are able to effectively and collaboratively prevent and protect adults from abuse or neglect.
- Learning Resources: This contains a range of information and resources on various subjects including, self-neglect, hoarding, scams and rogue trading, hate crime, modern slavery, forced marriage and domestic abuse. Recommended online learning can also be access from here.
- Safeguarding Adult Reviews conducted in Shropshire.
- Useful Links to partner websites and other key organisations.
- People’s Stories: This contains case studies and practitioner perspectives of safeguarding issues.
In addition, the Board have produced a set of 4 Safeguarding Posters to promote and raise awareness of different types of abuse and neglect that can occur; the importance of preventing and protecting people from abuse and/or neglect; and the contact number for First Point of Contact.
The key message is to talk to someone sooner rather than later.
- For paper copies of the posters please contact Sarah Dodds by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, if your agency would like a set of printed posters or the version for electronic display, please contact the Business Unit (KASiSB@shropshire.gov.uk or 01743 257796).
- The posters can also be viewed and printed off from the website: http://www.keepingadultssafeinshropshire.org.uk/safeguarding-board-promotional-material/.