The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust would like to invite all community, voluntary sector and patient groups to discuss the potential overnight closure of the A&E department at the Princess Royal Hospital, Telford.
There are 2 options:
- Members of staff at SATH are happy to attend any meetings or events to speak.
- You can attend a public meeting (a breifing with Q&A session).
The dates of the public meetings are:
- Friday 16th November at 10am-12pm, at Meeting Point House, Town Centre, Telford, TF3 4HS.
- Thursday 22nd November at 10.30am-12.30pm, Hamar Centre, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, SY3 8XQ
Please read the invitation letter for full details here: Letter to community groups
If you are able to attend one of the sessions above please contact the Engagement Team to book your place by emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org telephone 01743 261473.
SATH is working in partnership with Telford & Wrekin Council, Local MPs and other partners, to try and recruit to all posts within the Emergency Department (ED). Work completed over the last month includes:
- A visit to the Indian Consulate to further explore opportunities to appoint from overseas, in conjunction with Telford & Wrekin Council.
- Telford & Wrekin Council continue to work with the local community to refurbish existing properties on the PRH site which will be used to provide free accommodation to newly recruited doctors
- Adverts are currently placed for Speciality Doctors, Simulation Fellows, Consultants and Nurses for ED.
- Work continues with Health Education England (HEE)
- HEE have committed to an early view of the February rotation to support workforce planning.
- Work continues with a range of agencies regarding temporary staffing solutions.
- In partnership with Wolverhampton University the development of a fellowship programme is close to completion.