Free Workshops for Informal carers throughout Shropshire aim to assist with ‘Taking the Pressure Out of Caring’.
During September and October, Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin councils will be hosting workshops throughout the County designed by carers themselves with the aim of helping carers who are feeling overwhelmed and having to juggle caring and other commitments.
Caring for some can feel overwhelming at times. Shropshire and Telford and Wrekin councils have worked alongside carers to develop workshops that aim to take the pressure out of caring. The workshops will be conducted by carers, who understandably know the pressures that their fellow carers are under better than anyone.
Some of the areas the workshops cover will be:
- When carers should be seeking support before things become too much
- Who carers can talk to for help
- The triggers that cause stress and how to manage them
- How to balance caring with the pressures of ordinary life
- Stress relieving techniques
- Providing a space to talk freely in a safe setting
Please share the information widely.
All will start with a light buffet lunch at 12-30 with the programme commencing at 1-00pm until 3-30pm.
- Bridgnorth – 19th September
- Shrewsbury – 2nd October 2018
- Oswestry – 4th October 2018
- Newport – 9th October 2018
- Ludlow – 10th October 2018
- Telford Town Centre – 17th October 2018
- South Telford – 22nd October 2018
- Market Drayton – 25th October 2018
- Telford Town Centre – 27th October (Saturday)
To Book (Booking is essential)
Shropshire contact: Margarete Davies 01743 255776 (please leave voicemail if away from desk). Email: Margarete.Davies@shropshire.gov.uk
Telford contact: Kara Nock 01952 381262. Email: email@example.com