The International Musical Eisteddfod in Llangollen is committed to making a positive social impact. Through various initiatives the Eisteddfod seeks to engage in excellence with the global and local community. Bringing people together in an unparalleled spirit of friendship and goodwill in our unique festival in beautiful North Wales.
An invitation has been extended to Shropshire VCS Assembly members to consider getting involved in this important event. The Eisteddfod offers unique opportunities for collaboration with community groups and local organisations to develop contacts and mutually beneficial relationships. Work is taking place to make the Eisteddfod more accessible to disadvantaged community groups and sections of the local community that are not currently engaged.
This may include opportunities for community groups and organisations to:
- Attend Eisteddfod events
- Perform at the Eisteddfod
- Have a stand at the Eisteddfod
- Hold talks or workshops at the Eisteddfod
Outreach work takes the Eisteddfod out into the community. Giving those who are unable to attend the Eisteddfod a flavour of this unique event and spreading our message of peace and friendship through our work with schools and education establishments. Initiatives include:
- Sending groups of international singers and dancers to perform at local care homes
- Engaging young people through various volunteering and work experience projects
- Working with schools and theatre groups to produce our annual ‘Peace Message’
- Free to attend international music and dance performances in the local community
If you are interested in finding out more or getting involved please contact: