DOMESTIC ABUSE BRIEFING – what you need to know
Shropshire Community Safety Partnership Strategy
Domestic Abuse impacts upon many lives. The effects are often felt across the family especially children who live with this experience.
When domestic abuse is experienced by adults with care and support needs there may be additional effects needing an Adult Safeguarding investigation.
Aim of briefing: Interactive session to raise awareness of the hidden prevalence of Domestic Abuse. The signs and effects felt by the victims. Provide guidance on how to best support and guide those affected by Domestic Abuse.
Learning Outcomes of briefing:
- Identify what Domestic abuse is
- Explore the impact on others living in the home/family
- What to do if you feel something isn’t quite right
- Awareness of specialist support service available
Duration: 2 hours
Cost: This briefing has been funded by Shropshire Council and is free of charge to attend. In the event of short notice cancellation or non-attendance the relevant booking agency may charge a cancellation fee as determined by their Cancellation Policy. The cancellation charge will be advised on your booking confirmation.
- Individuals working with or who have any contact with adults, families or children
- Shropshire Council Employees.
It is expected that all workers will access this awareness/induction level of training. Which provides a valuable face to face learning experience.
For those working with vulnerable individuals we suggest you also attend the one-day Domestic Abuse Awareness training delivered by Joint Training or the Domestic Abuse & its Impact on Children module delivered by SSCB. These modules explore more about the perpetrator, hear from survivors and explore cases of domestic abuse.
- NB. If professionals have previously attended the Domestic Abuse Awareness training delivered by Joint Training or the Domestic Abuse & its Impact on Children module delivered by SSCB then this briefing does not need to be attended.
- Thursday 5 July 2018 from 7pm to 9pm at The Shirehall, Shrewsbury
- Thursday 13 September 2018 from 5pm to 7pm at The Shirehall, Shrewsbury
- Wednesday 26 September 2018 from 9.30am to 11.30am at The Lantern, Shrewsbury
- Wednesday 10 October 2018 from 7pm to 9pm at The Shirehall, Shrewsbury
- Thursday 18 October 2018 from 9.30am -11.30am at Gateway Craven Arms
- Tuesday 20 November 2018 from 1.30pm to 3.30pm at The Lantern, Shrewsbury
- Further dates will be added in response to demand
For Children’s Workforce, excluding Shropshire Council Employees
Register and book through SSCB Training http://www.safeguardingshropshireschildren.org.uk/professionals-and-volunteers/safeguarding-training/
For Adult Workforce, excluding Shropshire Council Employees
Book through Joint Training
For all Shropshire Council Employees
Book through Leap into Learning