The impact of fuel poverty on health and well-being
Shropshire RCC are running a FREE event of interest to frontline workers interested in fuel poverty.
Date- Friday 2 February 10.00 – 1.00pm
Venue – Craven Arms Community Centre
Fuel Poverty is one of the most persistent health and environmental problems affecting one in five homes in the UK. Shropshire RCCs Fuel Poverty and Local Action Conference will highlight the issues of fuel poverty on health and well-being across all age groups – the impact on early development and learning in young children; the growth in excess winter deaths; and local solutions to give people warm, dry and cosy homes.
Our speakers include:
- Philip Dunne MP, Minister for Health
- Peter Sumby, Director National Energy Action
- Tracy Jackson OBE, head of Early Learning Services Save the Children
- Paul Sutton, Director Connexus Housing Group
- Mervyn Kohler, External Affairs Adviser Age UK
- Julia Baron, CEO Shropshire RCC
Come along for a lively, informative morning about the latest research and new developments. There is no charge for attending but delegates must book. Booking here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-impact-of-fuel-poverty-on-health-and-well-being-tickets-41207173766