Carers Trust 4All together with Shropshire Parent and Carer Council and Shropshire Council invite you to join them for
CARERS RIGHTS DAY – Information and Advice event
Friday 24th November
10 – 1pm
Baptist Church, Crowmere Road, SY2 5JJ
Free to attend, includes light refreshments
RSVP : Telephone 01743 341995
- Welcome and overview of all age Carers Strategy and Support in Shropshire
– Director of Children’s Services, Karen Bradshaw
– Chair of the Family Carers Partnership Board and portfolio holder for Adult Services, Health and Housing, Councillor Lee Chapman
- Workshop sessions
– From Stress to Strength – practical and effective ways to manage stress and anxiety
– Self- Advocacy Skills – learning how to be confident in representing your own needs and interests in a variety of situations
– Everybody Active Every Day – simple ways to maintain activity as part of your everyday routines
– Managing Change and Planning for the Future – coping well with the realities of caring and being prepared for what will change as time goes on
- Information Market Place
– Wide range of information and support including legal advice, welfare benefits, energy advice and carer support
- Play Snakes and Ladders
– Have a game and tell us about the ups and downs of being a carer and suggest ways to improve carer well being
Healthwatch Shropshire will be hosting an Annual Event of two halves on Thursday 23rd November.
Who’s talking, 10:30-1pm
Join us for the morning to hear how we reach the voices of the ‘seldom heard’ through the use of our research grant scheme
Who’s listening, 1:30- 4:30pm
Join us and listen to a selection of our local providers tell us how they use feedback within the service to influence change in our systems.
This afternoon event will be hosted by Jim Hawkins and featuring a keynote speech by Jane Mordue, Chair of Healthwatch England.
To book your place at this event, please contact the Healthwatch Shropshire Team. Email: email@example.com Tel: 01743 237884
PSE CIC is proud to announce that Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin has been awarded Social Enterprise Place status by SEUK, the national body for social enterprises – joining a network of pioneering hotspots around the UK and the world!
Join us to celebrate this national award, with key note speakers, a workshop and networking! Must attend event for third sector, local authorities, businesses both large and small!
Social Enterprise Places are areas where social enterprise activity is thriving. The award and programme aims to promote, raise awareness, and build the markets for social enterprise at a local and national level. The event will include:
Official launch of Social Enterprise Place status
Key note speakers including:
- Peter Holbrook, CEO, Social Enterprise UK
- Shaun Davies, Leader of Telford & Wrekin Council
- Dr Julian Povey, NHS Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group:Social Prescribing is being implemented across Shropshire, Dr Povey explains what this means for local social enterprises?
- Social Enterprise stories: Hear from some exemplar social enterprises including Dr Judith Wester from Cedar CIC.
- Measuring social impact workshop with Heidi Fisher: This workshop will show you how you can measure and evidence what social impact you are really achieving, and what you need to do to continually improve. Heidi is a specialist in social enterprise and social impact. She has worked with hundreds of social enterprises, CICs and charities over the past 20 years.
- Collaborative Working workshop: This workshop will be facilitated by Dr Judith Wester and a panel of experienced social enterprise and private business collaborators. The panel will share with you their experiences of collaborative working and also challenge you to think about how you can work more closely with other organisations, for mutual benefit.
Places limited and it will be £10 + VAT for all sessions
Registration begins at 10am.
For those interested in exhibiting please email Nicky Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed 15 November 2017
10:30 – 15:30 GMT
University Centre Shrewsbury