Library Services Strategy Consultation
Residents and organisations have until Friday 6 October 2017 to give their feedback on the draft Library Services Strategy.
The strategy sets out the council’s vision to unlock the huge potential that library services have to impact positively on individuals’ lives. It also recognises that this is a challenging time for library services: traditional usage has been declining in recent years, the way that people use library services is shifting, and the financial situation remains difficult.
The strategy sets out a hierarchy of library services provision and describes how the council can meet its statutory requirements to provide a “comprehensive and efficient library service for all persons” by providing:
- Static library provision within six Tier 1 locations – Library Hubs – and seven Tier 2 locations – Community Libraries.
- 277 Mobile Library stops, principally responding to challenges of an ageing population and access to services in a rural context.
- Digital library services including 24-hour access to a range of lending and information resources.
To take part in the survey follow this link
Paper copies of the survey are also be available from libraries and mobile libraries.
The survey closes on Friday 6 October 2017.
National Libraries Week
Shropshire Libraries will be celebrating National Libraries Week 9-14 October 2017, the annual showcase of all the creative, innovative and diverse activities that UK libraries have to offer.
Shropshire Libraries have themed the days launching on Saturday 7 October 2017 with the Discovery Bus and activities in Shrewsbury Square between 10am and 4pm.
- Bookmarked Monday – 9 October
Showcasing authors, creative writing and reading groups
- Try It Out Tuesday – 10 October
Find out about groups in your library and have a go at a new activity
- Webwise Wednesday- 11 October
Log on to Shropshire Libraries’ e-resources or talk to volunteers who can help you discover what’s at your fingertips
- Throwback Thursday- 12 October
Dig in to your local and family history
- Feelgood Friday- 13 October
Connect with healthy ideas for your physical and mental well-being
- Smart Kids Saturday- 14 October
Be entertained by stories and imagination.
To find what more click here.