Free and Impartial Energy Advice – call 0800 112 3743:
• Keeping Warm at Home
• Energy Bills and Tariffs
• Heating and Hot Water
• Energy Efficiency Improvements and Grants
• Support during Power Cuts
• Talks and Presentations
• Referrals to other Agencies
Advice given over the phone by trained charity staff. For those who need it, there is the option of a follow up home visit or ongoing assistance.
Heating & Insulation Grants
New ‘Flexible Eligibility’ grant scheme opening soon (Sep/ Oct 2017) in Shropshire offering:
- Good funding rates for “off gas” – LPG, oil, electric – heating repairs and replacements, as well as loft insulation and cavity wall insulation.
- Some funding for mains gas heating also available.
- Households qualify if they are:
- low income and have limited savings and
- have an energy inefficient home or high energy costs and
- are vulnerable in some way (including over 60s, young children, illness or disability)
- Those not qualifying will be advised on alternatives where appropriate.
Contact Keep Shropshire Warm on 0800 112 3743 or directly to Davina Allen:
Telephone: 01743 277124
Age UK Home Energy Checks
Age UK are offering free home energy checks for over 60s in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. These checks include an average of £30 worth of small measures including low energy LED light bulbs, reflective radiator panels and draught proofing. Advice given on how to understand heating controls, energy bills and save energy is also given, as well as an assessment for grants.
Referral via Age UK Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin on 01743 232123 or Keep Shropshire Warm.
Updates: Please contact email@example.com if you would like to receive future updates.