Crowsmill Craft Centre C.I.C. Works with people from all backgrounds and hard to reach groups including people with physical disabilities, learning difficulties, mental health issues, disaffected youth and NEET’s. We provide a unique environment in which our clients can grow and thrive learning and trying out new activities that they would otherwise not get the opportunity to experience. We set up our company to help others rather than help ourselves and believe that the clients’ needs and wishes should always come first.
25 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
£9,750 per annum
Actual salary £9,750 based on 25 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Committed, professional person required to provide clients with support and guidance to help them engage in enterprise and craft sessions and basic catering in a safe and appropriate way.
The main duties of this role include:
- To run art and craft sessions with the clients alongside enterprise work making sure everything is set up prior to clients’ arrival;
- To ensure that all necessary materials are stocked accordingly and making sure levels don’t get too low by requesting items prior to running out;
- To assist in the accurate recording of client attendance, significant issues, incidents and accidents;
- To report to management on all issues relating to incidents or issues with clients;
- To intervene in situations, where a client has been unable to settle in their session;
- To provide support to the clients with the aim of enabling them to participate appropriately in their sessions;
- To be responsible for safeguarding the clients in line with company policy.
Relevant NVQ qualifications and a minimum of 6 months experience of working directly with young people and people with learning disabilities are desirable. A full DBS check will be carried out if successful.
A flexible and professional approach to work is essential.
To find out more about Crowsmill Craft Centre C.I.C., please visit our website at www.crowsmillcraftcentre.co.uk and visit us on Facebook
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th July 2017 at 12pm
Crowsmill Craft Centre C.I.C. is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
To apply please submit your CV with covering letter to: The Directors, Crowsmill Craft Centre C.I.C. , Coton Lane, Alveley, Bridgnorth, WV15 6HF. Telephone 01746 781942 or email: email@example.com