SAVE THE DATE: Mental Health Social Work & Partner Agencies
When: Thursday 18th May 2017 at 11:30am to 2pm
Where:Community Hall, The Lantern
Further Details to Follow
Wise and Well Days – Minsterley, Pontesbury, Worthen and St Martins, Whittington and Gobowen
SATH Event: Working In Partnership
To book your place please email: email@example.com or telephone 01743 261 473
Shrewsbury GovJam – Free Introduction to Design Thinking Training
- Do you want to be part of a 48-hour global event?
- Do you like the idea of sharing your work with other teams across the world?
- Are you interested in learning more about design thinking and how it can help you transform your service?
Then our next training event is definitely for you!
On Wednesday 17th May and Thursday 18th May the Business Design Team will be running their Introduction to Design Thinking training. This time however, it’s training with a twist – a Global GovJam twist!
Shrewsbury GovJam is part of an international event that brings together teams of people from across the word who share an interest in public services. We want to use Shrewsbury GovJam to bring together local people working in local government, the NHS, the private sector and voluntary sector. Anyone can come along to this free training event so long as they have a curiosity to try new ways of working together to tackle public sector challenges. At the training, you will learn more about using design thinking to help you design services that are cost effective and save money whilst at the same time improving customer experience.
As always, our two-day practical and immersive training course will provide you with a design methodology and toolkit to help you understand how to re-design your services as well as an opportunity to look at current challenges that effect our sectors from a different perspective. However, as part of Global GovJam you will also get the opportunity to share your ideas with other teams from around the world and help contribute to the work being done by hundreds of other jammers. Exciting hey!
The tools and techniques you will pick up from the course will help you to really get to grips with what’s happening in your services and how your customers experience them. The course will cover the following:
- The fundamentals of design thinking for service design and innovation
- An understanding of the industry standard design process that will help you design within tight boundaries
- Tools to help you understand what it is like to use and deliver your service
- Tools for engaging customers and front-line staff in design and innovation projects
- New ideas on how to stretch your approach to service improvement
- An understanding of how to get buy-in from customers and other stakeholders
- Confidence to apply design thinking in the field
- The opportunity to learn and test ideas in a controlled and safe environment
- The opportunity to build support networks with colleagues who might be able to support you in future design work.
Places for this free event are limited so spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
To sign-up and join us in Shrewsbury on the 17th and 18th May 2017 or for more information please contact Simon Penny or Sharon Clements at firstname.lastname@example.org or sharon.whitton.clements @shropshire.gov.uk
A selection of feedback from past participants:
“I enjoyed the training as it was completely different to anything I have done before. It has given me an insight into design thinking and has made me think outside of the box.” – Training participant, Local Authority.
“Intrigued about what the training would be/involve. Pleasantly surprised how interesting design thinking was. Facilitators were great!” – Training participant, Local Authority.
“Really good. Great to meet new people. Great resources to take away. Just need to find a job doing it now.” – Training participant.
“Useful information gave me food for thought” – Training participant, Local Authority.
“Good introduction to Service Design” – Training participant, Local Authority.
“I found it really useful to take a fresh look at design of services section by section with a new set of people. Good fun. Thank you.” – Training participant, Local Authority.
“Well organised, hard challenges, but certainly has given food for thought. Team leaders excellent” – Training participant, Local Authority.